Saturday, June 7, 2008

Dallas World Aquarium

I can not believe I have lived in DFW for all my life and have never been to the Dallas World Aquarium.... it was amazing! Marc, Bella and I went last week and had a wonderful time. It is basically an indoor rain forest and is so authentic looking that I had to keep reminding myself I was inside a building in downtown Dallas. It is set up so none of the animals seems to be 'caged' or at a zoo. I told Marc that if I was a monkey, I would want to live there.


5 story waterfall ...

... that fed into a lagoon with turtles, manatees and lots of other fish. In the middle of the lagoon is an island with lot of different birds and monkeys.
Bella had a great time and loved looking at all the animals.



On the top level was a really good restaurant that over looked another waterfall. Bella has a lime in her mouth in the picture below. She loves limes and lemons.... I know, crazy!
Below the lagoon where you can see all the animals up close.

This tunnel reminded me of Jaws! There were all kinds of rays and sharks swimming around.


By far, Bella's favorites were the penguins... and they were equally fond of her!


This was our sign that it was time to go... rubbing Bunny-Bunny on her nose, but we had a great time!






No comments: