Monday, September 8, 2008

Another fun trip to the zoo

The zoo is always a big hit with Bella... so on Marc's day off we packed up and headed to the zoo. We all had a great time but there was one minor incident where I nearly peed in my pants!
Now that I have a very cute little one, I am always a little leery of the large animals with "reputations"...i.e. lions, gorillas.... basically the animals with large teeth that have escaping their cages and mauled people at the zoo. So... with that being said, we started off our zoo adventure by going to look at the HUGE, silver back gorilla. The HUGE gorilla was close to the glass, so we went over to look at him. I had Bella on the ledge of the window and she was pressed up against the glass pointing and talking to the gorilla. The gorilla (did I mention he was HUGE)slowly inched closer to the glass.... at this point I quietly mentioned to Marc that the gorilla was creeping me out and I felt like he was looking at B as if she was an afternoon snack! Right as he got up to the glass he slowly started to turn around... I assumed, as I had seen many times before, that he was going put his back up to the glass and snub us. Instead, the MASSIVE beast ....who had been moving as fast as an injured turtle earlier.... flew around with all of his body weight and slammed his gigantic hand against the glass right where our faces were!!! It was all I could do to not scream and run... but I didn't want to scare Bella. I looked down at Bella and her eyes were as wide as I had ever seen them and her mouth wide open. She didn't make a sound, just looked to me to see whether or not she should be scared. Marc and I both smiled and kind of giggled at her but inside I was freaking out.
Other than that... the day at the zoo was great!












No comments: